Using ViewSpace in your MuseumViewSpace videos and interactives are designed to be used easily for a variety of purposes within the informal learning setting. ViewSpace can be incorporated into exhibits, facilitated activities, educational programming, and staff professional development.
ViewSpace videos and interactives can be incorporated into formal and informal exhibit spaces throughout your center.
- Use the ViewSpace collection as a stand-alone exhibit.
- Incorporate individual videos and interactives into astronomy and Earth science exhibits.
- Provide visitors with access to the full Video Library for self-guided and self-paced exploration.
- Set up ViewSpace in a lobby, café, waiting area, library, or children's play area.
- Support the ViewSpace exhibit with banners and labels.
ViewSpace can be used as a primary or supplemental resource for presentations, tours, and exploration stations.
- Incorporate ViewSpace videos and interactives into formal presentations for engagement, exploration, or elaboration.
- Use videos and interactives as support for docent-led tours and independent audio tours.
- Set up ViewSpace on a tablet or laptop as part of an exploration station or cart.
ViewSpace can be used in multiple ways with school groups of a wide range of ages.
- Use ViewSpace interactives as engagement, exploration, or elaboration within presentations, discussions, and activities.
- Provide teachers with links to specific videos and interactives for use in the classroom before or after the visit.
- Demonstrate ViewSpace and provide students with the link to extend their museum-learning experience at home.
Training and Professional Development
ViewSpace videos and interactives are ideal for introducing and explaining concepts to a wide range of staff, including but not limited to educators, docents, and interns.
- Incorporate videos and interactives into staff training on astronomy and Earth science concepts.
- Demonstrate ViewSpace and provide educators with the link for independent learning.
- Use ViewSpace to brainstorm, explore, and develop ideas for exhibits, facilitated activities, educational programming, and professional development.
All ViewSpace content is accessible to the public via the internet without registration or charge.
- Link to the ViewSpace home page from your center’s website.
- Use ViewSpace in digital promotions.
- Encourage visitors and museum educators to share useful videos and interactives with others outside the center.
- Post links to your favorite ViewSpace videos and interactives on social media using the hashtag #ViewSpace.
- Contact us to share how you are using ViewSpace so that we can help share with others.
- Join the NASA’s Universe of Learning Community of Practice. (You may need to create an account with the Association of Science and Technology Centers.)